Categories
Uncategorized

“Banking Model”

In one of my college classes, I had a “banking model” experience. In class, the teacher was just reading his slides to us. I can see his being nervous in front of his students as a new instructor. However, it was not a good start to a career as a teacher. New teachers can learn from those well-known teachers’ success models and try to change their “banking model.” Teachers should exchange ideas with their students, emphasize their feedback, and learn from their critical thinking. 

Being humble and acknowledging that you may not have all the answers as a teacher may make you appear vulnerable, which I’m sure some teachers dislike, but it also makes you approachable and communicates that you are still learning yourself! Students must understand that education does not end when one reaches a specific age or obtains a particular career. Learning is actually a continuous process.

Explanation:

Education is a beautiful tool. Learning is an essential component of society,  in which everyone of us plays a significant role. Teachers should ensure that there is interaction and an exchange of ideas among students in the classroom. A classroom where students solve issues, answer questions, create their own questions, discuss, explain, debate, or brainstorm during class as part of active learning.
Additionally, a classroom where students engage in groups that promote both positive interdependence and individual accountability, they are said to be participating in cooperative learning.